By: Danny Lugo (@lugybaby)
It's that time of the year again: Wrestlemania season! So after the fiasco that happened Sunday night in Philly at the Royal Rumble the team here at CULTUREDAPPROVED decided to help Vince McMahon out and lay out some ways to make the internet wrestling community happy. Before we begin lets recap what happened at the Royal Rumble this past Sunday:
- Current WWE champ Brock Lesnar retained the gold after a Triple Threat Match which included golden boy John Cena and the newest young baddie on the scene Seth Rollins. (Epic match, by the way).
-Fan favorite Daniel Bryan was eliminated pretty early from the Rumble to a chorus of boos from the crowd.
- Big Show and Kane dominated the Rumble like it was 2002 eliminating Dolph Ziggler, Bray Wyattand Dean Ambrose.
- Roman Reigns was left with two heels, so everyone in the stadium knew he was going to win and expressed this, again, by booing. By now the crowd was more hostile than a NY Giants/Dallas Cowboy game so when The Rock came out to save his younger cousin Roman Reigns from getting a beat down from the heels, it was too late and the boos continued. Reigns eventually won the Rumble.
-That night #cancelWWEnetwork was a trending topic on twitter and the IWC was running rampant on social media.
So since the Royal Rumble is suppose to be the start of "The Road to Wrestlemania" here's 5 ways WWE could make that road a little less bumpy.
5) Add Daniel Bryan to the Main Event of Wrestlemania 31
This seems far fetched because the exact same scenario happened last year but hey lets give this scenario a shot. Daniel Bryan won the title belt at last year's Wrestlemania only to forfeit it weeks later because of an injury. He never received a rematch or another title shot when he returned. How about Daniel cashes in that rematch he never got and inserts himself into the title match between Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar?
4) Add Seth Rollins into the Championship match
Seth Rollins is kind of on a hot streak now especially after that performance he put on at the Royal Rumble and he is currently "Mr. Money in the Bank" which allows him to challenge for the title at any given moment. So let's play this scenario out. Seth Rollins cashes in on Brock Lesnar sometime between now and Wrestlemania then Brock wants his rematch, but Roman Reigns is automatically in the maint event at WM31 since he won the Royal Rumble. Now you have Seth Rollins vs Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31! Boom!!!
3) Make a Fatal Four Way Main Event (Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins vs Daniel Bryan)
After that terrific triple threat match at the Royal Rumble how about we turn it up even more for Wrestlemania! How can this happen you ask? Wellby simply adding the number 4 and 5th way on this list to make a exciting and interesting Road to Wrestlemania!
2) Give the fans the dream match of the decade, give us Sting vs The Undertaker
Let's be honest here: all will be forgiven if the creative writers over there at WWE figure out a way to pull this off. I know The Undertaker has been M.I.A. since getting his ass handed to him by Brock Lesnar at last year's Wrestlemania and it looks like Sting is on a collision course to face off with Triple H but stranger things have happened. I say since Triple H wants a face to face with Sting at next month's Fast Lane event this would be perfect to set up our dream match! Maybe Taker returns as a heel right before Sting lays the smackdown on Triple H and Taker lays out Sting, setting up a "heel" Undertaker vs a "face" Sting! Pray to the wrestling gods!
1) Turn Brock Lesnar into the Hero and Roman Reigns into the Bad guy ("Heel" Reigns vs "Face" Lesnar)
Since the crowd wants to boo Roman Reigns, give them something to boo about! Wrestling is fan driven, the good guys say things so the crowd will cheer and the villains say things so the crowd can boo. If you have been watching wrestling the last month or so the crowd has been cheering for Brock Lesnar the current top "bad guy", and for all the right reasons. Brock is a authentic fighter/wrestler who takes no shit; anybody over the age of 16 will love this guy. On the other hand, Roman is the new guy with little to no credentials. Flip the tables on the audience and have Roman get all mad that the Philly crowd booed him and say the "People" turned on him first. To make things even better at Wrestlemania have Brock's manager and mouthpiece Paul Heyman help Roman defeat the champ, easing the transition for when Brock leaves the WWE for a return to UFC.R Reigns victory would be a crowd favorite but he'll be facing his older cousin "The People's Champ" The Rock at next year's Wrestlemania!!! Did I take it too far? Getting too deep? Maybe but only time will tell!